Ganguly Brothers, PLLC is an established and growing law practice that provides high quality legal services to clients in a variety of areas. We look for talented, hard working people to join the team. Check out the following job postings.
Criminal Defense and Litigation Paralegal
Ganguly Brothers, PLLC is looking for a Criminal Defense and Litigation Paralegal. The job responsibilities include assisting the attorneys with all aspects of case intake, preparation, investigation and trial preparation. Work will include review of “discovery” materials such as documents, photographs, video and audio, conducting legal research and drafting motions, memorandum and letters. The position requires contact with clients both in and out of custody. The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Basic knowledge of the criminal justice system (both New York and Federal)
- Be organized and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to focus on projects over extended periods of time
- Proficient with using computer programs (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn case management software
- Ability to manage tasks independently and in a timely manner
- Possess a NYS Drivers License and reliable transportation
- College degree in English, History and/or Paralegal Studies certificate preferred
- Law office, law enforcement, or related criminal justice work experience preferred
- Strong research and writing skills
The position is full-time Monday through Friday. We provide generous paid time off, assistance with health insurance, 3% matching contributions to retirement plan, and opportunities for bonuses. Base starting pay is $22 to $25 per hour.
Candidates should apply before August 14, 2023 by submitting a letter of interest and resume with at least 2 professional references to Avik K. Ganguly, Esq. at firstname.lastname@example.org.